Find toadys top headlines i.e., Top Headlines Of 25th June 2021 below.
Headlines Of 25th June 2021
Police: Several people killed in a knife attack in Germany’s Wuerzburg – Headlines Of 25th June 2021
Kerstin Kunick, a spokesperson for the police, stated that officers had alerted about 5 p.m. to an attack on Barbarossa Square at the center of the city.
Collective leadership is required: Pawar calls for an alliance of opposition parties
Chief NCP Sharad Pawar claimed Friday that the formation of any national coalition was not the subject of discussion at the meeting hosted by eight opposition parties earlier this week. However, he also stated that any such coalition will need to have a “collective” leadership.
Study: Third wave of coronavirus not as severe as the second.
The study found that infection-induced immunity could decay over time; allowing re-infections of people previously exposed to the virus, even though the circulating virus is not changed.
According to NCAER, Indian economy could grow between 8.4 and 10.1 pc during the current financial year – Headlines Of 25th June 2021
Further, the report stated that the second wave of COVID-19, which had four times more violent than the first; has disrupted growth, which had already severely affected by the first wave.
Suresh N Patel, Vigilance Commissioner, to serve as CVC
After Sanjay Kothari’s Wednesday resignation as chief of probity watchdog, the appointment was necessary.
Lupin launches a generic HIV-1 drug in the US – Headlines Of 25th June 2021
This drug manufacturer”s product is the generic version Gilead Sciences, Inc Truvada tablets. Its indicated when combined with other antiretroviral drugs for the treatment HIV-1 infection.
India will launch a space transportation policy. Onboard private players and startups.
The country will develop a strong national space transportation policy. This will establish a regulatory and technological pathway that allows the private sector to thrive in the region.
Ravi Shankar Prasad, Law Minister, launches e-filing portal for the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal – Headlines Of 25th June 2021
End-March 2021, the total liabilities of the government amounted to Rs 116.21 crore crore
At December 2020, the total liabilities of the government (including those under the ‘Public Account”) were Rs. 109.26 crore.
Sharad Pawar, leader of the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP), told mediapersons that although alliances had not discussed at his Delhi residence meeting, any alternative force will include Congress
Parliamentary panel will seek clarification from Twitter regarding Ravi Shankar Prasad’s lockdown, my accounts: Shashi Tharoor
RBI prescribes qualifications to urban cooperative banks’ MDs and WTDs
The RBI issued guidelines to nominate MDs and WTDs. It stated that MPs, MLAs, and representatives of municipal corporations would not be eligible for such positions; at primary urban cooperative banks (UCBs).
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation – Headlines Of 25th June 2021
Three Metro stations on Yellow Line, viz. Vishwavidyalaya and Civil Lines, will be closed to the public for security reasons.
Twitter vs. Centre
Shashi Tharoor claims that his Twitter account had temporarily blocked after Ravi Shankar Prasad.
FATF keeps Pak on its ‘greylist’; It asks it to investigate and prosecute UN-designated terrorists such as Masood Azhar and Saeed
- The international body against money laundering, terror financing, also requested that Pakistan address its strategic-important weaknesses.
- Pleyer noted that Pakistan has completed 26 of 27 actions it had given in 2018. He said that the FATF had asked Pakistan to act against UN-designated terrorists.
SBI-led consortium wins more than Rs 5,800-cr in Mallya Loan default case: ED – Headlines Of 25th June 2021
Tamil Nadu extends lockdown until July 5, with some relaxations
Talks between China and MEA – Headlines Of 25th June 2021
- Both sides agreed that they would continue to dialogue in order to find a mutually acceptable solution; to all friction points.
Government extends deadline for issuing Form 16 to July 31
PharmEasy to Buy 66% of Thyrocare’s Share in a Deal Worth Rs 4,500 Crore – Headlines Of 25th June 2021
The PharmEasy/Thyrocare deal is coming at a time when online pharmacies are experiencing a wave in consolidation; with Tata buying 1mg and Reliance buying Netmeds. PharmEasy also purchased Medlife ahead an potential IPO.
Sharad Pawar on whether he will be the face for a new alliance
We haven’t talked, but I believe we will have to move forward by taking on a collective leadership role. Pawar said, “I did this for years but I will now work to keep everyone together, guiding and strengthening them.”
Working Mechanism for Consultation & Coordinating on India-China Border Affairs – Headlines Of 25th June 2021
- Both sides exchanged views about the situation in the Western Sector of India and China Border areas; along the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
DRDO successfully tested the extended-range version indigenously developed Pinaka rocket.
Health Ministry: Covid vaccines are not responsible for infertility
Friday’s discrediting of rumors that Covid vaccines cause infertility had made by the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. It stated that while most people who get the shots don’t experience any side effects, it doesn’t mean they are ineffective.
India’s Forex Kitty – Headlines Of 25th June 2021
- In one week, forex reserves fell by $4b-604b due to a slide in gold assets.
- In the last reporting week, the forex kitty had risen by USD 3.074 trillion; to a record of USD 608.081 trillion.
- According to data, the country’s reserves with the IMF decreased by USD 46 million; to USD 4.965 trillion in the reporting week.
Income Tax Payers Get Relief – Headlines Of 25th June 2021
- Time to buy a residential home for tax deduction extension of more than three months
- PAN-Aadhaar link extension granted for 3 months – 30th June-30th September
- Vivad se Vishwas Payments without Interest – Extension by 2 Months from 30 June to 31 August
For COVID treatment/death, tax concessions
- The amount paid by an employer to an employee or to a person for treatment under COVID for FY 2019-20; and subsequent years won’t be subject to tax
- Ex-gratia to any other person must limited to Rs 10 Lakh
Two deaths of delta positive patients have reported in Madhya Pradesh. They had not received vaccines. Govt Sources to ANI
RBI lifts PMC Bank restrictions until December 31, 2021
Pakistan is still on the Financial Action Task Force (FATF), grey list: Pakistan media – Headlines Of 25th June 2021
90% of COVID-19 India cases have driven by B.1.617.2 (Delta).
Delhi metro uses a unique construction method for completing civil work on Pink Line’s Trilokpuri Stretch – Headlines Of 25th June 2021
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation used a new construction method that uses steel girders rather than the traditional concrete ones.
- For the section measuring 290 metres long, 40 steel girders had placed on 10 spans. These steel girders had made in Haryana and transported from Ambala, Haryana.
Olympic medallist wrestler Sushil K Kumar will remain in prison as a court extends his judicial custody until July 9 in a case involving homicide.
General MM Naravane, Chief of Army Staff, visited today the Shimla-based Army Training Command
He had briefed about a variety of topics, including military strategy, doctrinal corrections as well as operational challenges and preparedness.
Indian Medical Association (IMA), reports that 776 doctors died in the second wave of COVID19 Pandemic. Delhi (109) was next with 115.
It is also now clear why Twitter refuses to follow the Intermediary Guidelines. If Twitter follows these guidelines, it would not be able to arbitrarily deny access an individual’s account; that does not fit their agenda. – Headlines Of 25th June 2021
– IT Minister RS Prasad
It is evident that my statements criticizing Twitter’s high-handedness and arbitrariness; especially sharing clips from my interviews with TV channels; and its powerful impact have clearly upset its feathers.
– IT Minister RS Prasad
Twitter’s actions were in gross breach of Rule 4(8) of Information Technology Intermediary Guidelines; and Digital Media Ethics Code Rules, 2021. They failed to give me any notice before denying access to my account.
National Green Tribunal orders Haryana state pollution control body to collect Rs 4.13 crore penalty from Panipat Cooperative sugar mills, Haryana for causing water and air pollution
In connection with a drug-related case, Dawood Ibrahim’s brother Iqbal Kazkar had brought to Mumbai’s Narcotics Control Bureau office.
Maharashtra is the first state to give 3 crore doses of covid vaccine.
This milestone had reached by Maharashtra at 2:21 PM today. At 2 PM today, Maharashtra crossed this milestone.
Supreme Court informed by Andhra Pradesh government that it had cancelled the State Board Examinations for class XII
SC was informed by Dushyant Dave, a senior adv for AP, that it will have a High Powered Committee within 10 days to develop an assessment scheme and declare results before July 3102.58 PM
One of the 21 Delta Plus COVID19-variant patients in Maharashtra has died. Rajesh Tope, Maharashtra Health Minister, was one of the 80-year-olds with co-morbidities.
Preparations are underway at Delhi-Ghazipur border in advance of tomorrow’s tractor rally
“Rehearsals will take place later today. In the next two hours, people who have interested in joining the rally will gather here. Rakesh Tikait, leader of BKU, says that we will have a meeting. 02:45 PM
In the last 6 months, there has been zero infiltration
I can guarantee you that anything that happens on LoC will neutralize on LoC; Lt Gen DP Panday, Chinar Corps Command Commander in Srinagar 02:32 PM
SAR Container ship MSC Messina, 28 crew; was 425 nm away from Port Blair when it reported a fire in the engine room. One crew member was missing
The vessel was on its way from Sri Lanka to Colombo (Sri Lanka). Indian Coast Guard02.22 PM
Unidentified terrorist had killed during an encounter with security personnel in Hanjipora, Jammu and Kashmir.
BJP will protest the law and order situation next month in the state where there are one lakh BJP workers by holding Lalbazar Abhiyaan (Kolkata Police Headquarters march)
– Sayantan Basu (West Bengal BJP General Secretary)02:00 PM
Sources: ED registered Enforcement Case Information Reports (ECIRs) in connection to religious conversions in UP.
The FIR filed by Anti-Terrorist Squad UP Police: Sources01.53 PM has used to register the case
Maharashtra: A resolution passed at the BJP State Executive Meeting; requesting that CBI investigate Dy CM Ajit Pawar & min Anil Parab. This was based upon Sachin Waze, a dismissed Police Officer. The letter is in line with the inquiry started after Param Bir Singh, ex-Mumbai Police Commissioner.
I believe India will soon be among the top three Navies in the world. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, Kochi
Encounter breaks out between police, security forces and terrorists in Hanjipora area of Shopian.
8 people have arrested. Bank accounts of the main suspects have frozen in connection to the fake vaccination camp at Hiranandani Estate Society.
Total 10 people have been arrested so far. This syndicate also organized 8 additional camps. Six other cases were also registered by this syndicate: Jt CP Law & Order, Mumbai01/07 PM
Six labs are being set up in the State to perform genomic sequencing. Karnataka Health Minister
These labs will be at Bengaluru and Mysuru. Mangaluru. Hubli. Vijayapura. Shivvamoga: Karnataka health Minister Dr. K Sudhakar12 :58 PM
Delhi: Sushil Kumar, a wrestler, has been transferred from Mandoli prison to Tihar jail
On May 23, Wrestler Sushil Kul was arrested by the Delhi Police Special Cell in connection to the killing of Sagar Rana at Chhatrasal Stadium12;36 PM
SC-appointed oxygen audit panel members didn’t approve any report: Deputy CM Manish Sisodia, over claims that Delhi inflated its oxygen needs.
Report claiming Delhi inflated its oxygen needs during Covid 2nd Wave. This report was not made by the SC-appointed audit panel: Deputy CM SIsodia
Enforcement Directorate has temporarily attached immovable and mobile assets in the amount of Rs 365.94 Crores to Adarsh Group of Companies, and other PMLA-covered companies in an alleged case of cheating
The assets seized are located in Haryana, Delhi, as well as Rajasthan.12:15 PM
National Investigation Agency (NIA), files a chargesheet against seven terrorists from Tehreek-ul-Mujahideen in Poonch (J&K).
Maharashtra Anti-Corruption Bureau launched an open investigation against Sachin Waze, a former Mumbai police officer, for allegedly amassing assets that were disproportionate to his income sources: Official
Soon, we will have the first DNA-plasmid vaccine in the world by Zydus Cadila. This was Made in India by N K Arora
We can also expect Biological E – a sub-unit vaccine – to be available soon, says Dr. Narendra Kumar Arora (Chairman of COVID-19 Working Group, National Technical Advisory Group on Immunization).11:34 AM
Indian SARS-CoV-2 Genomic Consortia will hold a weekly review meeting later today
The meeting will certainly discuss the status and spread of Delta Plus variants: Sources11.33 AM
Kerala High Court grants anticipatory bail for filmmaker Aisha Sultana, in the sedition case against her filed by Kavaratti Police Of Lakshadweep. This is due to her ‘bioweapon’ comment
Next year, India’s first indigenous aircraft carrier is to be commissioned by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh at Kochi
The Supreme Court oxygen audit team submitted their report to SC. It stated that Delhi government exaggerated its oxygen requirements by four times during peak COVID II.
Another Enforcement Directorate (ED), raided the residence of Anil Deshmukh, former Maharashtra Home Minister in Mumbai’s Worli: ED
Rajnath Singh will commission an Indigenous Aircraft Carrier next Year as a fitting tribute to India’s Independence, 75 years.
The combat reach of an aircraft carrier will increase the country’s defense capabilities and help secure India’s interests in the maritime domain. Defence Min Rajnath Singh10:00 AM
South Mumbai: Third-floor ceiling collapses in five-storey building; 35 people rescued.
Zhang Zhizhen is the first Chinese man to qualify in Wimbledon’s Open era
Since 1968, the Open era began, the 24-year-old Chinese man is the fourth to play singles in the Grand Slam main draw.10:00 AM
Uttarakhand: Dehradun DM Ashish Srivastava gave instructions to all passengers arriving from any flight at Dehradun’s airport, particularly those from Maharashtra and Kerala.
The Medical Superintendent was instructed to test the passengers
Maharashtra: The Enforcement Directorate (ED), raids the Nagpur residence of Anil Deshmukh, former Maharashtra Home Minister, in connection to an alleged money laundering case
Kerala: Rajnath Singh, Defence Minister, visits the Southern Naval Command in Kochi
Rajnath Singh, Defence Minister, will today review progress in construction of the Indigenous Aircraft Carrier.
Sensex loses 13.51 points in the first trade. Sensex is currently at 52,685.49; Nifty is at 15,790.20
China opens first bullet train to Tibet close to the Indian border
- China has launched its first fully-electric bullet train in Tibet’s Himalayan region on Friday. It connects the provincial capital Lhasa with Nyingchi, a strategic Tibetan border town, and is connected to Arunachal Pradesh.
- Before the centenary celebrations of China’s ruling Communist Party of China (CPC), the 435.5-km Lhasa-Nyingchi section of Sichuan-Tibet Railway was inaugurated.
Anil Deshmukh is charged with corruption
Yesterday, Enforcement Directorate (ED), recorded DCP Raju Bhujbal’s statement in relation to the alleged corruption case against Anil Deshmukh.
Mumbai Police file FIR in relation to tug boat that was submerged during Cyclon Tauktae
Mumbai Police filed an FIR in connection with tug boat Varaprada that sank during cyclone Tauktae. The incident resulted in 11 deaths.
Based on a complaint filed by Francis K Simon (one of the survivors and chief engineer of the boat), we have filed an FIR.
UP celebrates ‘Van Mohatsav’ from July 1-7.
The Uttar Pradesh government has set a goal to plant 30 crore saplings within the state and will celebrate Van Mahotsav, an annual festival for reforestation, from July 1 through July 7.
Many were killed in Florida condo collapses.
- Thursday’s beachfront condo collapsed, trapping at least one person inside the tower. The tower looked like a large, fractured dollhouse with one side ripped away. Rescuers continued to search desperately for more survivors, pulling out dozens of survivors.
- Surfside residents heard a loud thud around 1:30 AM. Authorities said that nearly 100 people had not been found by late evening. This raises fears about the possibility of a sharp increase in death tolls. Officials didn’t know how many people were inside the tower at the time it fell.
Today, the Centre celebrates the 6th Anniversary of Smart Cities Mission. AMRUT, PMAY–U and more.
US judge keeps suspect in terror attack against India under US surveillance
- An ex-Chicago businessman will continue to live in the United States while a federal judge in Los Angeles decides whether he will be extradited from India in connection with the Mumbai terror attack of 2008 that claimed more than 160 victims.
- Indian authorities have arrested Tahawur Rana (pronounced “tuh-HOW”-ur RAH’-nah), a Pakistani-born Canadian who is being sought for his involvement in the deadly attacks sometimes called India’s 9/11. In August 2018, an Indian warrant was issued for his arrest.
- On Thursday, Magistrate Judge Jacqueline Chooljian ordered defense attorneys and prosecutors that they file additional documents by July 15. Rana will remain under federal custody.
18 killed by fire tears at a Chinese martial arts training center
- According to Chinese state media, at least 18 people were killed when a fire broke out in a training center for martial arts in China’s Henan Province on Friday.
- 16 people were also injured in the blaze at Shangqiu, CGTN reported, citing officials local to the incident.
Congress will launch a 10-day nationwide protest against the price rise
From July 7, the Congress Party will start a 10-day nationwide agitation to combat inflation.
Today’s earthquake of magnitude 5.3 hits 43km N of Kabul (Afghanistan) at 04:34.44 IST: National Center for Seismology
UN: Global drug use by 275 million people in 2020
India expresses concern over possible return to conflict between Israel and Palestine at UN
- Recent developments in Palestine raise concerns. They could re-initiate violence and cause immense suffering and death. We ask both Israeli and Palestinian authorities to respect the ceasefire agreement, stated Vikas (West), Secry (MEA), UNSC meeting on Middle East.
- He stated that India was committed to the establishment of a Palestinian independent, democratic, and viable state. A two-state solution is the only way to ensure lasting peace and meaningful cooperation.
Union Finance Minister at US India Strategic Partnership Forum (USISPF), Board of Directors Investment Roundtable
India is an attractive destination for foreign investors because of its wide-ranging reforms in the areas of growth opportunities, investment, and taxation.06:35
After withdrawal, US will keep approximately 650 troops in Afghanistan
- According to US officials, approximately 650 US troops will remain in Afghanistan after the withdrawal of the main American military force. This is expected to happen in the next two week.
- Officials said that several hundred more American troops will be stationed at Kabul’s airport until September to provide security assistance for Turkish troops. This temporary arrangement is necessary until a formal Turkey-led security operation can be established. Officials stated that the US expected to have its military command, its leadership, and most troops out by July 4th or shortly thereafter, as per a deadline set months ago by commanders.
Also read, Microsoft unveils Windows 11.